On 3/15/2007 the page welcome message right above the standard "This is the Norfolk, Mass community web page and on-line newsletter" read:

Welcome to Floyd's Barber Shop! In light of the post of 3/15 10:54pm, today this page is dedicated to Floyd and his barbershop. Floyd, wherever you are, we salute you.

The cited post closed by asking that the page be described as being the private property of me, the webmaster (the person with who pays for and maintains the site and claims final say on what is and is not acceptable content), ``and not some Floyd's Barber Shop.''

The notion of not being a local hangout where neighbors drop by to chat and listen for a while (we have over 1000 readers!) tickled my funny bone, as did the realization that with a bit of typing, the page could well be Floyd's Barber Shop. The dedication is as far as I went with it, though, but my wife made a sign upon seeing the greeting next morning, and taped it on my office door:

Floyd's Barber Shop - Shave and a Posting  2 Bits - Hrs: 10am to 2am M,T,W,T,F,S,S

Norfolknet.com
your community, on-line