• 8/23 10:01am   Follow-up post re: Youssif - Youssif is 5 and was attacked by masked men for no apparent reason-they poured gasoline on him and lit him on fire. He was once a handsome little boy, but was disfigured by the fire. He is understandably traumatized and is being further emotionally scarred by the fact that children in his neighborhood no longer want to play with him because they are frightened by the way he looks. Doctors where he lives can do no more for him and his parents don't make enough money to take him to another country for further care. Since CNN posted the story yesterday, Shriners and Operation Smile have started looking into helping him.
    My little boy isn't much younger than Youssif, and the thought of something like this happening to him breaks my heart, especially the idea that other little kids wouldn't want to play with him anymore. I want to raise awareness of the story, in the hopes that it will assist Youssif to get help. When I get more information re: ways to help him, I'll post again. Thanks for reading!
    - KID

Norfolknet.com
    your community, on-line