• 4/17 9:43am   Regarding Walgreens, I think you'd find that they're a 'tag-along' for any Stop & Shop development in Norfolk. They wouldn't build a stand-alone unless it had good proximity to a larger retail development (i.e. Walgreens on Rt. 109 in Medway). That raises another point... like all the Stop & Shop that exists 'all around us but not here', the same is coming true for Walgreens, and even CVS. I don't think any of them will be coming here, they've got the area covered and they know we (Norfolk residents) will drive to their stores outside the town if we want to patronize them. They're not too worried about that.
    As for S&S and their supposed commitment to 'landscape' their portion of the 'moonscape', the season is upon us for that kind of work. If it's not done by the end of September, I'm betting that it's simply not coming. And they (S&S) aren't really too worried about little old Norfolk getting angry with them. Remember, when it comes to forcing the issue with them, they have very deep pockets, which we don't. That would also be true for any effort to 'take' the land from them. It ain't gonna happen because Norfolk can't afford to spend that kind of cash on attorneys to fight the fight. And S&S knows this.

I think S&S would, indeed, sell the land if they're not going to develop it, but the offer to buy would have to be substantial (it's all about the money) and S&S would probably be looking to deal with a buyer who would not construct competition for S&S. I don't know if S&S would see Trader Joes as competition.
    We really missed the boat big time as if the town had tackled this issue some time ago, we might have been able to finagle an LLBean here in town. Heck, there's one in Mansfield, and another to be built soon in Dedham. We could have been on the map and a 'destination'...! ROTFL....... Who knew..?
    Commentary about existing local businesses and how the moonscape doesn't look all that seem to miss the point that a town center 'dressed up a bit', without the gravel pit, with a nicely landscaped retail area containing an increased number of small retail establishments would do wonders in attracting more locals to the downtown area.
    And as for commentary like... "You want to be welcomed into our community and you go on to (complain) about the negatives of the town and how we are just bumbling hillbillies who don't know enough to plan a nice town center?" (which I can't find anywhere)... and others that seem to not so subtly say... "Don't like it..? Tough!", do nothing to foster discussion about a brighter future for the town and its residents. Rather, the message that it sends is... "Go away and leave us with our moonscape". And while the words 'bumbling hillbillies' can't be found anywhere but in MW's post, the message is clear, and not inviting at all.
    And, MW, did you ever stop to think that maybe you might be the only one who likes the gravel pit just the way it is?
    - TRK

Norfolknet.com
    your community, on-line